I have Cate's book, Mixed Media Self Portraits, and although I've only done 1 self portrait so far, I love the book for all the inspiration you can get out of it-for all kinds of projects and techniques! I was thrilled when she agreed to an interview, and I hope you enjoy reading it too!
1. How did you get your start as an artist, and are you able to do art full time, or do you have a "day" job also?
2. What is your favorite media to use?
3. I love your book, Mixed Media Self Portraits, it's so full of inspiration! For those who have never attempted a self portrait, can you tell us why you think that creating self portraits are important?
4.I have read that you should pick one medium and stick to that, but I like so many different mediums (or is it media?), I can't just pick one. What are your thoughts on the subject?
5. How can we go about finding our own creative voice?
6. Where do you get your inspiration from?
7. Can you describe your creative process?
8. What advice would you give to (self-taught) artists just starting out? Plus, for those who have a dream of seeing their art published, but don't know where to start, do you have any suggestions?
9. Do you have any new books coming in the near future?
10. One last question, since I promised a short interview! If you were on a desert island and could only have 2 inspirational books with you, what 2 would you choose?
***I have to say though, I very much consider Cate an artist!